Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Gettin' Blogged Down....

I want to take a minute and thank you for the encouraging words about my blog.  During my first week of blogging,  I had over 450 hits ( from the United States, Canada, and the Czech Republic (Thank you, Jessica)). This has been so fun.

I have been writing about my life for a long time.  Most stories were shared only here and there with my close friends and family.  My friends have been telling me for years that I needed to write a book, and I have wanted to do that for a long time.  Blogging seems to be a natural step along the way to see if I have anything to talk about, to hone my skills and become a better writer, and to develop a readership which might lend some credibility to my efforts down the road.  I appreciate your comments on Facebook, on my blog and in person.  It  provides the needed feedback and lets me know that you are enjoying what I am doing so far.

From time to time, I will post something that I wrote a couple of years ago.  Some of you may have read a piece  already, but I want to get all of my favorite things in one place, catalogued in this blog.  Be patient with me if you see something you have already read,  and check back for new posts occasionally!

Thanks again for reading and commenting!

2 comments:

  1. We're here....
    ....we're listening.
    Great job today, yesterday & tomorrow.
    As you know (& I'm sure I am not alone in this sentiment) I admire your zest for life!

    From baseball games, to Disney World, to riding a motorcycle through the Ouachita National Forest, to sitting in the driveway for hours beside a $30 fire pit, there have been many many days that you & I have had the good fortune to share together.

    There is always a story to be told.... I'm glad you are writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete