Friday, October 22, 2010

A Day Without Baseball is Like a Day Without.... Productivity, evidently.

I've spent every waking minute of the past two weeks gloriously wrapped up in Ranger baseball!  The last few days have been consumed with getting ready for the game....watching the game...analyzing the game. Yesterday, there was no game and I felt a little lost.  Here is how I managed to fill my day without the the 4 hours of baseball to look forward to........
  • Dropped everyone off at school early and came home to check Facebook.  Noticed I had 388 friends and thought about how cool it would be to have 400.  Scanned my kids' friend lists to see if I could solicit a friendship from any of their friends (which my kids have expressly forbidden me to do - but I was bored enough to risk the fallout).  That felt lame and a little desperate, so I gave up and decided to be content with the knowledge that I had over 300 very close friends, including way more high school friends than I was actually friends with in high school.  Turns out, the popularity that eluded me in high school has finally manifested in cyber-space.  I'm virtually popular!
  • Spent a completely unreasonable amount of time deciding on a new font  for this blog post.  I was going for something a little more spectacular than the over-used, predictable and boring Arial Black, and a little less fancy than a full-blown Lucinda Handwriting.  What do you think?
  • Saw a promo for "30 Rock" in which Tina Fey announced she had just discovered her first gray toe-knuckle hair.  Wondered if I had any of those so I decided to check.  Couldn't find my glasses, but I didn't see any that were visible to the naked eye, so I think I'm good. 
  • Had to run to Wal-Mart for a few things I needed for the Larson Carnival this weekend.  Made a note to go back anytime I was feeling fat or unattractive.  I left feeling pretty good about myself. 
  • Thought about cooking an elaborate meal, since I had the time.  I looked up some recipes and one of them called for lemon zest?  I am not sure what that is, but I'm pretty sure if I used it, one of my kids would complain that their meal was a little too "zesty" and it's just not even worth the hassle. Got overwhelmed by all of the options so I ran to the store and picked up some pre-made hamburger patties that I ended up throwing on the grill.  I didn't cop out - it was just a really nice day to grill some burgers. Don't judge.
  • Googled "Hot Flashes" and other sub-categories like,  "Spontaneous Combustion, "  "Has Anyone Ever Died from a Hot Flash?" "Aren't I Too Young for Hot Flashes?" (Turns out I'm not - greeeeaaaat).
  • Counted the days until Spring Break..... it's 141, in case you were wondering. 
Never has TGIF been more applicable.  Thank GOD it's Friday and a GAME DAY!  GO RANGERS!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment